REM Audiology Associates, P.C. provides a wide range of audiological services for all ages including diagnostic and rehabilitation options. Hearing loss can be caused by multiple factors including noise exposure, aging, ototoxic medications, genetic etiology, acoustic trauma, and infections.
1. Comprehensive diagnostic audiological evaluations
- Otoscopy: visual inspection of your ear canal and eardrum to determine the presence of excessive earwax or any physical abnormalities
- Tympanometry: evaluation of middle ear function to determine the presence of fluid behind the eardrum, perforations in the eardrum, or negative pressure in the middle ear
- Acoustic reflex testing: evaluation of an acoustic reflex response to loud sound stimuli being transmitted efficiently from the middle ear to the neural pathway and back through the middle ear system
- Otoacoustic emissions: evaluation of integrity of outer hair cell function in the cochlea in the inner portion of the ear
- Pure tone and speech threshold testing: evaluation of hearing sensitivity to frequency specific stimuli and speech stimuli
- Speech discrimination testing: evaluation of ability to accurately comprehend words in quiet as well as to comprehend sentences in the presence of background noise for a more realistic assessment of hearing abilities
- Discussion of test findings regarding the type and degree of your hearing loss and counseling regarding available options and realistic expectations.