The hearing aid specialists and audiologists at REM Audiology have recently been trained in the dispensing of the Lyric upgrade to the new Phonak Lyric 3 hearing aid.
The Lyric hearing aid by Phonak is the only extended wear hearing aid worn by the patient 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for months at a time. The aid is inserted into the ear canal by a trained hearing aid specialist and remains in the ear for up to 3 months.
The research and development team at Phonak hearing aids is constantly looking for ways to improve their product. The information below is from the April 2014 issue of Hearing Review:
- Next generation low-power, deep-ear chip that enables enhanced adaptive signal processing
- Adaptive signal and compression processing to provide clean, natural and undistorted sound in a variety of listening situations
- Expanded gain range with per-patient amplification configuration
- Ergonomic and easy-to-use programming wand that allows for independent, binaural programming at the ear
- Improved pre-calc based on NAL and over 14,000 audiograms, and New programming options and software interface to provide increased fitting flexibility
See the full article
These upgrades have important functional implications which should result in inreased patient satisfaction with a product that many people are aleady raving about.
- Longer life between replacements
- Better performance (related to less moisture problems)
- Increased satisfaction with wand performance
- Increased optimization of patient’s performance related to increased sophistication of programming options made by the audiologist
The end result is increased patient satisfaction with a product that is already a favorite among the people I see.
Come in for yourself and experience the Lyric first hand. All Lyric demonstrations come with a 30 day free trial. A diagnositc hearing test is recommended before taking advantage of the trial.
Call us anytime with questions.